We’re all connected now. Latterly explores these connections, but not just out of intellectual curiosity. We’re learning how to be good, useful global citizens.
Latterly has been covering social justice issues globally since 2014, reporting on the ground from more than 30 countries on five continents. Our contributors’ work has also appeared in The New York Times, The New Yorker, Esquire, The Atlantic, Newsweek, NPR, VICE News and many other publications.
Our journalism is funded by our members and occasional sponsors.
Founder and Editor
Design and Operations
Shilpa Jindia, Richie Koch and Justin Salhani
Lewis Fried, J. Malcolm Garcia, Cameron Hood, Sergio Olmos and Sean Williams
Pitches and submissions
Latterly welcomes pitches and submissions from writers, photographers and videographers who have taken the time to familiarize themselves with our publication and its mission. Before writing to us, please be aware of these guidelines:
- First and most importantly, please be aware that Latterly is not paying for submissions at the moment, and our editors are not paid.
- Pitches should be no more than three or four paragraphs summarizing the thrust of your proposed story and your qualifications for telling it. We also accept submissions of completed and/or previously published work to which you still have the rights.
- There are no length limitations or requirements.
- Contributions may be published on our website, in our quarterly print magazine or both. If your work is accepted for publication, you’ll need to create a profile on Medium.
- Unless applying to a specific job posting, we don’t accept general enquiries about writing or editing. Please write to us with a specific story or stories.
- Because we’re such a small staff, it’s difficult to respond to every pitch. If your pitch has an urgent news peg, please mention that in the subject line.
We’re looking for volunteers willing to help out in various capacities. If you’re bored with your day job and want to be a part of a growing and important journalism project, please get in touch.